23: Cocktail recipes
#22: Try 20 new cocktail recipes (recipes added for those that I’d definitely try again)
- Sangria (from http://www.taste.com.au) – totally scrumptious!!
1 orange, quartered, each quarter thinly sliced crosswise
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, quartered, each quarter thinly sliced crosswise
185ml (3/4 cup) Cointreau
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
2 x 750ml bottles sparkling Shiraz, chilled
500ml (2 cups) chilled lemonade
ice cubes to servePlace the orange, apple, Cointreau and caster sugar in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 mins. Add the sparkling Shiraz, lemonade and ice cubes to the fruit mixture. Use a ladle to transfer to a jug, and serve.
- Aqua Thunder (Cocktails – the Mixed Drink Collection)
- Balrog (The Complete Cocktail Maker book)
- Ole (AWW Cocktail Guide)
- Japanese Slipper (Cocktails – the Mixed Drinks Collection)
- Crocodile Cooler (Cocktails – the Mixed Drinks Collection)
- Inspiration – TOTALLY SCRUMPTIOUS!!! (Cocktails – the Mixed Drinks Collection)
15ml Lena Banana Liqueur
60ml Berri Pineapple Juice
Shake and strain all ingredients and pour into glass.
- Italian Stallion – wouldn’t make this one again (Cocktails – the Mixed Drinks Collection).
- Bush Peak – like rocket fuel, ended up adding more orange juice (Shake and Make Cocktails)
- Ram – not too bad, but not my favourite that’s for sure, which so far seems to be Inspiration above! (Shake and Make Cocktails)
- Altered State (shooter) – equal measures of Kahlua, Peach Liqueur and Baileys Irish Cream … not bad, but the Peach Liqueur slightly curdles with the Baileys on top … probably wouldn’t make this one again! (Shooters – The Mixed Drinks Collection)